Solitude (and not feeling well)


I have been preparing for my upcoming Junior Recital. I am playing a piece by twentieth-century composer Robert Muczynski called "Time Pieces". It sounds very quirky in the first and third movements. The second movement is rather dark. The other piece is a French piece by Ernest Chausson entitled "Andante et Allegro." I am also premiering a solo I wrote entitled "Solitude." You can listen to it in the video above.

After a Freshman year of a rude and angry clarinet professor (who was fired for lying after the year was done), I had the privilege of taking lessons under a new professor, Dr. Hibbard. She has added to my playing skills very immensely! She is very goofy and fun, making my learning experience great!

Dr. Hibbard took me to an International Clarinet Association conference in Ohio and taught me what professionalism is. She also introduced me to unaccompanied music. Unaccompanied music  is written purely for effect, not for tonality or for musicality. In other words, the notes and pitches are to match the effect of the emotion being portrayed. "Solitude" is mostly unaccompanied, and I added a xylophone and piano accompaniment in 5/8 timing to add variety and make it sound mysterious.

 I have had countless rehearsals with my accompanist. I am also looking for a dress. Dr. Hibbard told me she'd thought it would be best to perform in February so I could get on with more composition! (By the way, I am also scoring two short films, which I will update on.)

Now, for right now: I am not feeling well. I had to go to the doctor today, and she said I have a SINUS INFECTION. I am feeling high and dizzy. My head hurts. I am going to rest now.

                                                                   X X
                                                                 ______


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness