Performances, Performances.......

I performed three times over the past week.

I am a member of the woodwind quintet at my school. The School of Music is hosting Atrium Concerts in the Library, a concert by a certain ensemble every Friday at lunchtime. We performed in the atrium of our library on Friday.

We performed a piece by a composer named Paul Hindemith called "Kleine Kammermusik fur funf blaser" or in English, "A Little Chamber Music for Five Wind Players." The piece sounded very dark and haunting , which is why this piece was my favorite. Paul Hindemith wrote a lot of modern music, and lived during the early twentieth century. 

Next, we performed a piece by a composer named Franz Danzi from the classical period called simply "Quintet."





The second performance I played in was with the community symphony orchestra. I had never played in a professional orchestra before, and I truly loved the experience! We played "Les Preludes" by Franz Liszt as well as George Gershwin's "An American In Paris." I like the jazzy feel of the Gershwin piece, a combination of classical and swing. This was on Sunday.

Finally, last night, I performed with my school symphony orchestra in our fall concert. We played Robert Schumann's 2nd Symphony as well as music from Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars. We played a piano concerto as well, with one of the piano professors as the soloist.

I truly love classical music. It is very good for the brain, it helps me with my analyzing skills because of the great detail and often symmetrical patterns in it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness