The Tango Lesson Video Clip

 
                  The video clip that I scored for is from the movie "The Tango Lesson." It is about a blind man who makes many mistakes in his life and cannot be given a second chance. Eventually he learns from his mistakes. In this scene, he is shown socializing in a restaurant with a young man who works for him. The young man's fiancee is also present. The blind man asks the young woman to tango with him. She admits she is afraid of making a mistake in front of everyone at the restaurant. So he says that if she gets tangled up, to "Tango On."

                I at first thought of the tango as a Mexican dance. The first take of the score I wrote was a waltz. My professor showed me tango music, which was completely different than what I thought!
 It was a challenge, but I am glad to be asked to write a variety of pieces in a variety of styles. Because life contains many different things for us to enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness