Family Pictures, Part 1




              This is a painting I did in 2013 of my great grandparents. My great grandmother gave me an old, black and white picture of her and her husband and told me to paint it for her and give it to her before she died. 





          I accomplished this mission. I put it into a box and shipped it to her (she lives on the other side of the country). I later heard that she cried when she first saw it. I am glad to have done that for her. 

         Sadly, in April of 2014, my great grandmother passed away at age 90. She lived a good life and was a very artistic woman, she loved to sew and make jewelry. She also loved cats just like I do. 

        This painting is now at my grandparents' house and will always be in my family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness