Thoughtfulness

The Quiet Girl- Thoughtfulness

 
Artist: The Quiet Girl
Song: Thoughtfulness
Album: Sample Studio Recording "Reflections"  
   
   I have 2 studio recordings I have made now, as I wrote earlier. This is one of them. This is an original song I wrote called "Thoughtfulness", written for the hammered dulcimer and played by me. I am learning to use the studio well and it took forever for me to learn how to edit and export music, but I know these things well now. I am getting better and better at it, and I am better at it even now than I was when I made this recording, which was only about a month ago.

   Recording in a studio is different from performing. Of course, you always have to practice to sound as good as possible, like if you were to perform in front of an audience. But when you are recording, if you make a mistake and it takes you 10 tries to get a part right, after you are done recording, you can keep the 10th try where you got it right and cut the 9 tries where you got it wrong out. You can blend the music so it sounds as if the mistake never happened. All the special effects is something I haven't learned yet. And I strongly do not like the idea of auto-tune, I believe you have to sound good and be in tune yourself. I want to keep learning more and getting better.

   Now about the hammered dulcimer: It is a multi-stringed instrument consisting of a sound box with metal strings stretched over it. The strings are struck with wooden mallets called hammers. It is used a lot in Appalachian folk music.
  
                                                          A close up of the strings.
                                                       These are the hammers.
                                              These hammers are what you use to strike the strings.

                                            And that's a hammered dulcimer.


   © 2013, The Quiet Girl. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying is punishable under Federal Law.






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life