Electricks






   This is a song I wrote a year ago. It is an "electric" song that is played with synthesized instruments made by a computer. It was done entirely on a songwriting software called Musescore, which is made to put your songs into sheet music form, play them back to hear what they sound like on particular instruments, and print them. The real purpose of the playback is to hear a synthesized version of the instrument(s) playing the song. Of course, the software has synthetic versions of strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, guitar, piano, etc., and for instruments like these, I strictly believe in playing the real thing. But this software also has electronic instruments, and I thought it would be cool to mess around with those and write a song with them. For me, I didn't need a fancy synthesizer or elaborate equipment, just a computer, Musescore, and the electric sounds that make up this song.
   I recorded this on a Flip video camera, converted the video to mp3, then made it into a movie on Windows Movie Maker in order to put it on here. The sound recording is not the best in some places. However, I tried recording this on Audacity, and since this song can only be played through the same computer, it turned out to be a bunch of fuzz. So I put the camera up next to the speakers and recorded it instead. It came out much, much better than the original computer version.

   I am also learning how to use Studio One and my recording studio set where I can record my real instruments.

   © 2013, The Quiet Girl. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying is punishable under Federal Law.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness