Blue Nail Polish Again...

 I wrote a post a few years ago about how much blue nail polish I own. Many of the bottles I owned then I used up a while ago. Sadly, I had a bottle my sister gave me, New York & Company's "Oceanic", that died recently because I used it all up. Last time I did my nails this color, which was last week, the polish didn't dry like it used to, and it was very thick and struggled to get off the brush. Sigh. This was one of my favorites. It was almost black, but blue like a deep night sky blue, and shimmery metallic. 

My nail polish shelf. Notice how many bottles are blues.

A dark teal mini OPI bottle which resides in my polish box with more polish and my nail tools, including a pair of blue glitter nail clippers.

There are a few ideas I had for a replacement. I went to Sally's in between music students and found 2 different colors from O P I: "Yoga-ta Get This Blue" which is a dark blue slightly iridescent metallic color and I really liked, and "Chopstix and Stones" which has bigger metallic chunks and the slightest bit of purple. I ended up finding the first color at T.J. Maxx for $4.99 in the checkout line and I'm glad I did, being that these bottles are over $11 at Sally's. I just did my nails this color today and I like it, and although it's not quite as dark as Oceanic, it is spot on with the color I was looking for. 

 "Yoga-ta Get This Blue" on my nails now.

China Glaze's "Up All Night" is the closest I found to Oceanic, it was the darkest of them all. I love me some dark.

The third one is lighter and is more cerulean (I remember this color name from art class!) and has teal metallic shimmer in it, but still has dark blue in it. I didn't think of it as a replacement, but still wouldn't mind wearing it. Somebody, please tell me I already have enough.... Or do I? 😹 Should I go back to Sally's and buy all the rest of them that I didn't find at T. J. Maxx???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness