Candle Snowglobe Makeover-Quarantine Project #1

 So, people, I tested positive. I felt some sinus pressure and congestion last week, and had a 99.1 temperature. So I tested, and I was negative. I got some rest. The fever didn't come back, so I thought I was fine. I took my Mucinex and Sudafed and returned to work the day after I tested negative. On Friday I tested again, and.....it was positive. It was positive even though the congestion was decreasing by the day and my temperature was normal. I even felt well enough to do 20 minutes on the stepper the day before. Today I have minimal congestion, and will probably clear up soon. I have been napping frequently and doing art and music, and drinking kombucha, apple cider vinegar, kefir, and green smoothies. I also have made vegetable soup with chicken and bone broth. I drank hot chocolate with 95% cocoa chocolate and cacao. 

I just finished working on a snowglobe. I have worked on this project since before I got Covid, but I finished yesterday during quarantine. My boss gave me what looked like the lid of a candle that she didn't want anymore. It has a built-in snowglobe with ladybugs on it. She thought maybe I could do something with it. I thought I would make a base out of polymer clay and display it on my TV stand with my other snowglobes. 


I went to Michael's (WEEKS before I got Covid, of course) and got my clay. The snowglobe still had the plastic seal from when it was a candle lid, so I took a flat head screwdriver and proceeded to pull it off, and scrape away the resulting dust.



I proceeded to make the base. I added little whimsical hills of grass, and little leaves and flowers. I made the texture of the grass and lines of the leaves with the end of a mechanical pencil. 



Into the oven it went for 45 minutes. When I got it out, I decided to paint the leaves and flowers with a white sparkly nail polish I have since I don't have that color acrylic paint. It worked just fine. 


It was then time to glue the base onto the snowglobe. I used Super Glue and Gorilla Glue. I found a few gaps in between the base and the snowglobe, so I twisted some "ropes" together, baked them, and glued them on with the rest of the base. It is now reminiscent of Willy Wonka's factory. 

I put it aside for a couple weeks. Don't know why but I did. Yesterday I put the finishing touches on the snowglobe, with Mod Podge. As soon as it dried, I put it on display with my other snowglobes.
Here it is!!!!I love it!

I have been working on some more projects while at home. I will post more later. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness