Tour and my Recital

It has been almost a month since my last post. I have been very busy. I have been on tour with the Wind Symphony from the 13th through the 21st, and I had recording sessions and a concert all this week. Our show is going to be on an album!

I played my Junior Recital on February 9th. It was nerve-wracking. I felt comfortable once I had been on stage for a good amount of time. The first piece I played was "Time Pieces" by Muczynski. Next, I played my original composition "Solitude." The final piece of the evening was "Andante et Allegro" by Ernest Chausson.
My dress was very elegant in my opinion, but it was difficult to breathe! It had boning in the bodice as well as the torso. I think that was the main problem. I still loved the looks enough to play in it, particularly because I like bright blue! :)
My mom made cake and truffles for my friends and the audience who wanted to stay for the reception. The weekend after that, I went on tour.

We left and were on the road 10 hours before landing in Atlanta, Georgia, our first stop to play in. We were there two nights before driving another 4 hours down to Birmingham, Alabama. We performed at a mall in Birmingham, especially because my friend is from Montgomery and her family came to hear us. We then traveled the same amount of time into Niceville, which is in the panhandle of Florida. We even got to go to the beach while people back at home in Virginia were shoveling snow! Haha! Na na na na na! :P

We traveled to Gainesville and Orlando, performing at Disney World. I had fun riding the rides. I rode the Haunted Mansion, Old Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain. I bought a stuffed Marie (from the Aristocats) since I love cats so much. (Last year when I went on tour I got the Cheshire Cat! ) On Saturday we traveled to Charleston, South Carolina where we played at College Band Directors National Association. The concert hall was phenomenal! We got to meet composer John Mackey! He talked to us about writing the piece we performed, "Wine Dark Sea." I got a picture with him and told him about my studying film scoring. I was super pumped that day!

On Sunday we performed our final concert in Statesville, North Carolina. We got back to Virginia at midnight. I was exhausted. I was exhausted this whole week just catching up from the sleep I missed. :/
We had two 3-hour long recording sessions this week: On Monday it went from 9 pm to midnight (sigh), and on Wednesday it went from 4:15-7:15. That one was more reasonable.
Thursday was our concert on campus and final performance of that program. I will miss playing these pieces. I had a solo in the second movement of Wine Dark Sea on the B-flat clarinet as well as all the shrill runs on the E-flat clarinet in everything else.

That sums up this past month for you. I had horrible wifi on the tour bus, you guys. Stay tuned! I have pictures to post of my travels, and right now I am tired and am about to sleep. Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness