Recital Preparation and Tour

I realize that I have not posted in days. This is due to my being very busy practicing and getting ready for my recital on Tuesday!! I cannot believe it is finally here!

Today I wore my dress shoes to play in for the dress rehearsal. I love the look of the shoes, but they hurt my feet after an hour of wearing them. I will save these shoes only for the finest occasions. :) High heels are OK for the right events.

I played through the three pieces I will perform. I went over passages I thought were difficult. I need to not be OCD about my fingers playing the right notes and focus on the music entirely. I am too analytical for my own good sometimes. I need to relax more often, particularly when I am playing music, because music is meant to be enjoyed.

It is only two weeks until tour! We will be going to Nashville! This is the most exciting part of tour to me! It is the capital of music business. Maybe I can hand out business cards! We will go to Disney World again, and I am excited about playing at CBDNA and hearing John Mackey speak! Maybe I can ask him how he made himself a living composing.

I got a picture of the sunrise one morning not too long ago:


I also got an interesting picture of a cloudy night and a tree. To me, it has a dark, suspenseful look:


Well, that's all for now! Stay tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness