Stockpiling my Cat's Food-Eat the Tuna, Shadowfax Luna!

 I recently placed a Chewy order for the first time. I ordered Shadowfax's food in bulk, and ordered $60 worth of cat food from Chewy and Walmart combined. I did this so as to avoid shipping costs, and to make sure Shadowfax always has something to eat. 

The night I decided to do this, I had driven to the grocery store to see if there was any food for Shadowfax. Cat food, particularly Sheba, had become a rarity everywhere. There was nothing, I kid you not. Only 2 Fancy Feast cans were on the shelf! It was like finding a diamond when I was able to buy 1 month's worth of food for her after work once at a Walmart on the other side of town, in many flavors she liked. I usually buy her food by the month's supply. It was then that I made the choice to start buying her food in bulk, because I wasn't going to pay 99 cents for a Sheba when I could be paying 72 cents at Walmart or even 83 cents at Chewy, being guaranteed a box worth of food.

This first time around I bought her 3 gigantic boxes of Tender Trout, Seafood, Tuna, and a combo box of Tender Turkey, Savory Chicken and Roasted Beef from Walmart. I now have enough food for Shadowfax to eat probably until May or June. I will never worry about Shadowfax possibly going hungry again. Thankfully Shadowfax has never done without her dry or wet food. I'm definitely going to keep buying food for her this way. It gives me peace of mind. I now have made up a rhyme that I say to her when she eats. I tell her, "Eat the tuna, Shadowfax Luna!" And she does. 

All the Chewy boxes went into the burn pile, a pile of cardboard boxes and other scrap paper I keep downstairs in my laundry room to take to friends' houses when they have bonfires. The burn pile got very heavy over the past several months, as there were no fires for a while. But this past Tuesday my friend had one at his house, and I took everything and so now it's empty for the time being until I get my next order. I burned the cardboard box my 12-string came in, my keyboard box, many Sheba boxes, and a boom box box. It was lots of fun! I played my guitar as the cardboard went up in flames. You see, bulk purchases do have more of a purpose than just what you buy inside the box!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness