Everybody Wants To Be A Cat- Clarinet Ensemble Arrangement


I arranged "Everybody Wants to Be A Cat" for the Clarinet Ensemble at my school. I love the Aristocats (and cats in general!) and this is one of my favorite songs.

In the original, the improvised line underneath Scat Cat's voice is a clarinet. This is my favorite part, so I decided to keep that while arranging different parts to the clarinets. There are four parts for B flat clarinet, the E flat clarinet plays the loud, obnoxious trumpet parts, and the bass clarinet plays the part of Scat Cat as well as the drums and piano in the second section.

The arrangement includes the first section, which is in C minor and has a swing tempo, then immediately goes into the second section, which is straight eighths and in F minor. I love all the changes and transitions in this song, so I arranged it accordingly.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 2000s Mall

Polly Esther's Life

Thoughtfulness